I’m currently Phd student in Deep Learning & Natural Language Processing (2016-2020) at LORIA (a group of research CNRS, INRIA, University of Lorraine) and member of DeepLoria working group. My advisor is Christophe Cerisara (CNRS). During summer and winter 2017, I spent 6 months at Google Research Europe in Zurich, Switzerland, working on text-to-text generation and abstractive summarization.
I graduated Master Stochastic Modeling (Data Science track) at University Paris 1 Pantheon Sorbonne and University of Paris Diderot, France. Prior to that, I followed a Master of Quantitative Economics & Finance at Ecole Polytechnique & HEC Paris. I’m originally from Vietnam, though I’ve also lived in these beautiful cities Paris, Nancy and Zurich.
Contact: hoa.le __at__ loria __dot__ fr
More in my CV
Participating in conference, events:
- NIPS 2016
- ICLR 2017
- Ecole Polytechnique – Paris Saclay Data Science Summer School 2017 [Recap VAE – GAN]
- Google Natural Language Processing Summit 2017
- AAAI 2018
- SIGDIAL 2017
- Google Research Europe Zurich (8/2017 – 2/2018) in Enrique Alfonseca‘s group. I work mainly with Aliaksei Severyn and Daniele Pighin.
- Teaching Memory and Machine Learning Course of Master Sciences de la Cognition et Applications (University of Lorraine, Master Erasmus Mundus) [Materials]
- Co-supervision internship of Master student Ecole de Mines Nancy. Topic ¨Improve Seq2seq by Variational AutoEncoder¨
- Co-supervision internship of Master SCA Erasmus Mundus. Topic ¨Dialogue Act and Sentiment Analysis on Twitter using Memory Networks¨.
- Multi-task dialog act and sentiment recognition on Mastodon. Christophe Cerisara, Adedayo Oluokun, Somayeh Jafaritazehjani, Hoa T. Le. Short paper. (coming soon)
- Do Convolutional Networks need to be Deep for Text Classification ? Hoa T. Le, Christophe Cerisara, Alexandre Denis. Association for the Advancement of Artificial Intelligence 2018 (AAAI-18) Workshop on Affective Content Analysis [Arxiv] [Poster] [Slides] [Code]
- A review of NIPS 2016 – DeepLoria. Jan 2017.
- Is Very Deep Convolutional Neural Network necessary for Text Classification? – Synalp. Nov 2016.
Fellowships & Achievements:
- Phd Fellowship of Lorraine Université d’Excellence (LUE). 2016.
- Master Fellowship to follow Statistics at Toulouse School of Economics by Agence Universitaire de la Francophonie (AUF) (renounce). 2013.
- Third Prize of National Olympic Programming Competition for Students (Vietnam). 2011.