I’m currently Ph.D student(2016-2020) at LORIA (a group of research CNRS, INRIA, University of Lorraine), working on Deep Learning & Natural Language Processing. My advisor is Christophe Cerisara (CNRS). During summer and winter 2017, I spent 6 months at Google Research Europe in Zurich, Switzerland, working on text-to-text generation and abstractive summarization. In spring 2018, I teach Machine Learning course for Master Sciences de la Cognition et Applications of University of Lorraine. I’m also member of DeepLoria working group and we’re maintaining an active weekly Deep Learning & Natural Language Understanding reading group here.
Before starting my Ph.D, I graduated Master Stochastic Modeling (Data Science track) at University Paris 1 Pantheon Sorbonne and University of Paris Diderot, France. Prior to that, I followed a Master of Quantitative Economics & Finance at Ecole Polytechnique & HEC Paris. I’m originally from Vietnam, though I’ve also lived in these beautiful cities Paris, Nancy and Zurich.
Contact: hoa.le __at__ loria __dot__ fr
More in my CV
Participating in conference, events:
- Deep Learning & Reinforcement Learning Summer Schools 2018 (DLRL) at Vector Institute in Toronto (travel & registration fee grant)
- Seminar Artificial Intelligence of French-American Doctoral Exchange (FADEx 2018) (among 10 AI phd students represent France; travel, accommodation, food grant)
- AAAI 2018
- Google Natural Language Processing Summit 2017 in Zurich
- Ecole Polytechnique – Paris Saclay Data Science Summer School 2017 [Recap VAE – GAN]
- ICLR 2017
- NIPS 2016
- SIGDIAL 2017
- Google Research Europe Zurich (8/2017 – 2/2018) in Enrique Alfonseca‘s group. I work mainly with Aliaksei Severyn and Daniele Pighin. This six months has been the most wonderful time I’ve had so far in my life.
- Teaching NLP practical sessions in Neural Networks Course of Master Sciences de la Cognition et Applications (University of Lorraine, Master Erasmus Mundus) with Emmanuel Vincent
- Teaching Memory and Machine Learning Course of Master Sciences de la Cognition et Applications (University of Lorraine, Master Erasmus Mundus) [Materials]
- Co-supervision internship of Master student Ecole de Mines Nancy. Topic ¨Abstractive Summarization with Variational Seq2seq¨
- Co-supervision internship of Master SCA Erasmus Mundus. Topic ¨Dialogue Act and Sentiment Analysis on Twitter using Memory Networks¨.
- “Multi-task dialog act and sentiment recognition on Mastodon”. Christophe Cerisara, Adedayo Oluokun, Somayeh Jafaritazehjani, Hoa T. Le. The International Conference on Computational Linguistics (COLING-18)
- “Do Convolutional Networks need to be Deep for Text Classification ?” Hoa T. Le, Christophe Cerisara, Alexandre Denis. Workshop on Affective Content Analysis of the AAAI-18 Conference on Artificial Intelligence, [Arxiv] [Poster] [Slides] [Code]
- Organizing and maintaining Reading Group of Deep Learning & Natural Language Understanding in Synalp team.
- A review of NIPS 2016 – DeepLoria. Jan 2017.
- Is Very Deep Convolutional Neural Network necessary for Text Classification? – Synalp. Nov 2016.
Fellowships & Achievements:
- Phd Fellowship of Lorraine Université d’Excellence (LUE). 2016.
- Master Fellowship to follow Statistics at Toulouse School of Economics by Agence Universitaire de la Francophonie (AUF) (renounce). 2013.
- Third Prize of National Olympic Programming Competition for Students (Vietnam). 2011.